This cable penetrator is a simple solution to waterproofing your robot. It’s basically a bolt with a hole that the tether or other thick cable can be glued (potted) into to provide a waterproof, removable connection through watertight enclosures, boxes, panels, etc.
This particular penetrator has an extended length head and nut to make it easy to install and remove on an enclosure, even in densely packed end caps like the 4″ Series 18-Hole end cap. That’s perfect for a tether or other cables that you would like to install and remove frequently.
We primarily recommend the WetLink Thixotropic Potting Compound, which can be applied in one step and provides a depth rating up to 1000 meters. Alternatively, we recommend Loctite Marine Epoxy and the Potting Kit to complete assembly.
- Extended length head and nut for easy installation/removal
- Anodized aluminum construction for corrosion resistance and high strength
- Captive O-ring face seal that works on any smooth surface
- Wrench flats for easy tightening
- Multiple inner diameters to secure the cable jacket but leave room for potting compound
- Works for cables smaller than 8mm as well
- 1 x 8mm Cable Penetrator Bolt
- 1 x Cable Penetrator Nut
- 1 x O-Ring