The Locator-U1 is a battery-powered, digital hydroacoustic locator device. It carries an internal GPS based time sync module, which means no tether is required. This Locator fits well for divers, ROVs where power is not easily accessible, or other underwater applications. The Locator-U1 is fully stand-alone without any cable requirements. The internal battery is rechargeable using a USB-C charger. Fully charged, the U1 will be operational for approximately 6 hours. Before deployment in water, the Locator-U1 needs to achieve a GPS lock. The integrated status-LED shows the condition of the GPS lock. The Locator-U1 has a rotary switch located on the inside of the cap. This switch is used to change the channel on which the Locator is transmitting. The same channel needs to be selected in the Water Linked Underwater GPS GUI. The Locator has 3 mounting holes on each side for M3 screws. A default bracket is included. The Locator-U1 has the following benefits:
- The battery-powered operation removes all cable requirements enabling easy operation.
- Extremely small size making it perfect for on-body applications like diving or retrofitting on ROV.
- Highly robust operation in areas with reflections (shallow water, around installations, etc.).
- 1 x Water Linked Locator-U1
- 1 x USB-C charging cable
- 2 x Stainless steel brackets with M3 screws